If you are experiencing pain or inflammation in the ball of your foot, you may have metatarsalgia. Dr. Suzanne Levine specializes in treating metatarsalgia in NYC for her patients. Metatarsalgia can be caused by arthritis, foot injury (from sports, accident, or stress), hard surfaces, and specific footwear such as work boots.
Dr. Levine recommends changing shoes to help solve the problem of metatarsalgia. In more severe cases, custom orthotics may be prescribed to alleviate the pain and prevent further discomfort. Usually pain can be healed within days of resting, some ice and over the counter pain medication. However, if your pain is severe, it may be time to see a podiatrist.
Visit Dr. Suzanne Levine’s foot clinic conveniently located on Park Avenue in NYC.
Schedule Your Appointment.
Symptoms of metatarsalgia may include:
- Pain and aches behind the toes on the ball of the foot
- Pain when walking, running or jumping
- Numbness or pain in the toes
Sometimes a single factor can cause metatarsalgia, but more often several factors are involved, including:
- Improper foot alignment
- Improper walking mechanics
- Unusual foot shape
- Intense training and activity
- Excess weight
- Tight shoes
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Stress fractures
Dr. Suzanne Levine is a board certified foot surgeon trained in all areas of foot and ankle surgery. Over the past 20 years, Dr. Suzanne Levine has authored multiple books and revolutionized podiatric surgery.
- Center for Specialty Care, -present
- Lenox Hill Hospital, 2008-present
- International Aesthetic Foot Society, Vice President and Co-Founder, 2005-present
- New York Presbyterian Hospital, Professional Associate of Podiatric Medicine, 1997-present
- Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, Podiatrist, 1998-present
Dr. Levine has helped thousands of NYC patients throughout her career with metatarsalgia treatments.
Schedule your metatarsalgia consultation today in NYC. Dr. Suzanne Levine is an expert at treating and diagnosing a variety of foot problems. Visit her convenient NYC foot clinic located at 885 Park Avenue and stop suffering with pain and discomfort. Call today at 1-212-535-0229 to schedule your consultation or fill out the contact form to receive more information.